Phillipstown was the name of a small area of Brunswick near Union Street and Grantham Street from about 1840-1860. This area as rich in clay deposits and several claypits, brickworks and potteries were established here. Shops, houses and pubs were built to cater for the workers. Until the 1860s there was open land between here and the main Brunswick settlement. The walk looks at some of the historic sites in this interesting area.